This years judging certification workshop will take place on Saturday, October 15th in Marco HQ in Sandyford, Dublin. Each year the standards of both baristas competing and judges… err… judging improves. The Irish Chapter of the SCAE is committed to the creation of a credible, talented and dedicated pool of certified national judges to best serve both the national competition but who would also be capable of representing Ireland at global coffee events. To that end two key objectives this year and in future years for the chapter will be to ensure proficiency of national judges in the ever evolving rules and regulations of the WCE, but also to put forward one nationally accredited Irish judge to go to WCE Judges Certification Workshops.
Points to note:
- All currently accredited Irish National judges will need to be annually re-certified in order to be eligible to judge in upcoming SCAE competitions.
- It is now mandatory that all judges be proficient in both sensory and technicaal judging areas.
- It is essential that all those intersted in becoming a nationally accredited judge in upcoming SCAE national competitions attend and pass the upcoming Judge’s Workshop.
- In order to attend the Workshop, participants must confirm availability for both the November semi-finals and the February finals.
- You must familiarise yourself with the current WBC rules prior to attendance of the Workshop – click here for download.