As some of you are lucky enough to be heading to Budapest in the next two weeks to support our Irish Cup Tasters, Brewers Cup and Latte Art champions, we asked our soon to be departing Judges Coordinator Anita Bartok to put together some recommendations for the city.
You’ll notice that there aren’t many coffee recommendations listed below and this is because there will be a speciality coffee shop map at the World Of Coffee.
In terms of restaurants Anita’s recommendations are as follows:
- Borkonyha (http://www.borkonyha.hu)
- Babka (https://www.facebook.com/babkabudapest)
- Dobrumba (https://www.facebook.com/dobrumba)
- Cirkusz (http://www.cirkuszbp.hu)
- Gerbaud (http://www.gerbeaud.hu)
- Stand25 bistro (https://stand25.hu) Tamas Szèll owns the place who was the winner of Bocus d ‘or 2016
- And on Váci street there are many Hungarian restaurants and they are all very good they all serve typical Hungarian dishes
For must visit places Anita recommends the following:
- Buda castle
- Heroes square
- Vaci street
- Fishermen’ Bastei
- If there is time the turkish baths or Széchènyi bath (With all natural spring water!) are amazing.
Anita has also asked us to pass on her thanks to all the members who worked with her over the years and to please say hello if they see her in Budapest this summer. Anita and her family are returning home to Hungary to start a new coffee roastery and training centre. From everyone in SCA Ireland we wish her the best of luck as she will be surely missed!
To Renata Khedun (Latte Art), Reda Matiejune (Cup Tasters) and Stephen Houston (Brewers Cup) we wish you all the best and hope that the luck of the Irish will be on your side! Hopefully you’ll be able to hear those that can’t make it cheer from home and those who can will be right there making the most noise.
Slán agus beannacht!